Thursday, January 13, 2011

Is this real life?

I had to get my blood drawn today. It was rather extensive, but I was mentally prepared. Although hungry from fasting, I felt fine... until about 7 viles in and my blood began to clot. The phlebotomist was going to switch arms. Still fine, I thought. I started feeling a little woozy and then my eye started twitching. I thought closing my eyes would help.

Man was I warm and comfortable! But what was going on? What was happening? Where was I? What was that potent smell? Who was the lady holding me up and why was she all up in my grill? (pardon my language)

I had passed out! It was so odd. It felt like I had been out for winter hibernation, when in fact I was out for a whopping 5 seconds. Needless to say, I finished my blood draw lying down. :)

In honor of my experience... enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment