Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lima Bean Update

It's that time again.... another month of Lima's life has come and gone. Time flies!  I thought I should update you on what's been happening.

How far along? HALFWAY!! I can't believe it - 20 weeks.

Total weight gain/loss? Gained 10 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity clothes. I don't really need to be in maternity clothes all the time just yet, but seeing as how ALL of our junk stuff is in storage, I couldn't find my summer clothes. I guess the timing on getting pregnant worked out pretty well considering my lost wardrobe. :)

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep? Still sleeping really well. I have incredibly vivid dreams. It's like going to the movies every single night! I can still sleep on my stomach - I just twist my lower half to the side a little.

Best moment last month? Feeling Lima Bean move for the first time - May 5 - and finding out that Lima is a GIRL - May 12. Also, Andrew and I registered for all of Lima's stuff. That was fun.

Movement? Yes. And she apparently likes to have disco parties in my stomach. I love it.

Food cravings? Still enjoying refreshing/light foods... apples, strawberries, tomatoes, cheese, cereal, etc. Lately I've been craving juice and iced coffee. I visited my brother this past weekend and I delighted myself in a few Capri Sun juice pouches. Yum-o. Lastly... I've wanted Blow Pops. I've treated myself to a couple (strawberry flavored, to be exact), but I'm trying to resist so I don't end up with a mouthful of cavities!

Gender? Baby girl! 

Lima Bean's size: At the last ultrasound two weeks ago (almost 19 weeks), Lima Bean was approx. 11 oz and 6.5 inches. According to my maternity book, Lima should only be about 9 oz at 20 weeks. That makes me wonder if we have a little chunker on our hands. Haha!

Labor signs? Nope.

Belly button in/out?
 Not drastically out, but definitely showing through my shirts.

What I miss: I wish I could say running. I read another gal's blog where she mentioned missing running. I think that sounds so cool and athletic, but it'd be a lie. Haha! Since my last post when I said I missed red wine and sushi, I've had both (shhh, don't tell). At this point, I'm pretty content. I guess I just miss Andrew a lot.

What I am looking forward to:
 Feeling Lima move even more and deciding on a name (I think we've pretty much decided on a name, but we're not putting it in stone yet).

Most recent baby purchase: Goodwill finds with my mom (the queen of bargains) - a few baby clothes, books, and one little toy. 

Milestones:
 Besides Lima Bean moving, finding out it's a girl, and registering for all the baby goods, this weekend, while ordering a decaf iced coffee from Starbucks, the gal at the register asked me when I was due. She was the first stranger to initiate a conversation about my expanding belly!  I guess my belly has officially gone from a beer gut to a baby bump. :) 


20 weeks!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne! This is Brooke, Darrell's wife, the IM in Elk Grove, CA where your hubby is! Whew..that was a long introduction. At this moment both of our hubbies *should* be on their way back from Yosemite! And neither of us go to go! :( Last weekend we all took a trip to Six Flags and Andrew told me about your blog and the baby you all have on the way! I wish you could have come with him, I am sure we would have had fun hanging out :) So I just wanted to say HI. I hope things are going well for you back in GA. I am sure you are looking forward to having your husband back. I know how hard that is. This IM thing is great, but boy does it put you through the ringer sometimes. I will be praying for you all, for your own store, for your baby and for everything to work out timing wise. (He was saying you all could potentially be moving, having a baby and getting a store all at the same time! When he told me that the first thing that came out of my mouth was "Phew, I will be praying for you guys!!"). I have to remind myself, the sacrifices made now will really pay off! God bless and nice to "meet" you. By the way, the name of my blog, as you may see, is Butterfingers for Breakfast…not because I've eaten them for breakfast before or anything like that ;) Alright, I'll leave after writing a letter. P.S. I love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete