Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lima!

Well I had another Lima Bean appt yesterday. Things went pretty well. I have to have a follow-up blood test next week just to check a couple of things that seemed a little questionable, but I'm praying it's nothing. If need be, I'll give you an update.

Now on to more exciting things... what's going on with Lima Bean?

How far along? 25 weeks... 15ish to go!

Total weight gain/loss? Gained 16 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yes. Still wearing normal "bum" clothes (t-shirts, pj pants, and such) but everything else is maternity.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep? Sleeping is officially getting a little more unusual. Boo! I still sleep on my stomach a bit, but I have to really twist my stomach to the side. I bought a side sleeper pillow yesterday with a handy dandy Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupon (the best coupons ever) because I noticed I needed a little more neck support. I'm hoping that will encourage more side sleeping.

Best moment last month? Showing off my maternity bathing suit? Haha :) No, really, I enjoyed floating in the ocean... I loved the feeling of weightlessness.

Movement? Big time. The movements are getting more intense. Apparently she likes to sit really low and that has made exercising slightly challenging. I have pretty strong pressure in my lower abdomen when walking/attempting a brief jog.

Food cravings? Fruits and juices are still my go to treat. (Lima just kicked so she must agree!) I also enjoy mustard, honey roasted peanuts, and fried okra (not together). At this very moment, chocolate pudding sounds tasty.

Gender? Still a baby girl!

Lima Bean's size: According to my book, Lima should be the size of an eggplant... about 9.5 inches and weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs.

Labor signs? Nope.

Belly button in/out?
Out and rather pokey.... not to mention slightly off-centered. (I won't judge if I notice you staring at my belly button next time we meet!)

What I miss: I miss sleeping totally on my stomach and moving around with ease (aka - not being able to bounce up stairs or bend over without a slight grunt) :)


What I am looking forward to:
Finding a doctor in Colorado Springs. Holding my precious little baby girl for the first time.

Most recent baby purchase: I purchased my cloth diaper set (Thank you, Gran!!!!). Now we're all set on diapers.

Milestones:
I completed my first baby book - "On Becoming Babywise - Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep." 







1 comment:

  1. So glad you're doing well! Baby Wise was the best thing we did! Samuel started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and has been an exceptional sleeper his whole life...still goes to bed around 7:30 and wake sup around 7:30-8! It's wonderful!!! Praying for a wonderful 3rd trimester and safe travels to Colorado for yall! What an adventure in your sweet girls life...not fun to have so many different doctors, but what a fun story to tell her-all the places you lived and have been since she began her existence!!

    ReplyDelete