Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pecan Crusted Salmon.

This is yummy and simple. That's that. Now on to the recipe. :)



Start with two salmon filets (or more, if needed). *Check for bones.*


Place filets in a lightly greased skillet/pan.


Chop ~ 1/2 c. to 1 c. of pecans (depending on how thick you want your pecan crust). I typically err on the side of more pecans.




In a separate bowl, combine equal parts dijon mustard and honey. I used about 1 tablespoon of each (more or less).








Stir until combined.


After lightly seasoning the salmon with salt and pepper, spread the mustard-honey mixture over the top of the filets.






Now it's time to sprinkle on the pecans. (Don't be alarmed by the amount of pecans I use... feel free to use less, but I like a thick coat.)



I like to sprinkle a little parsley on top too. I recommend combining freshly chopped parsley in with the pecans before topping the salmon when available. It adds a nice color and freshness to the dish.

The fish is ready for the oven!

Place filets in a 425 degree oven until light pink and flaky, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part. I baked these for 12 minutes and they were just right.

The pecans get super crispy and the sauce caramelizes a bit. Oh my.


Serve along side your favorite vegetable and rice or sweet potato. (Don't judge how much asparagus I have on my plate!)


Enjoy :)


2 comments:

  1. I love your recipes! The salmon looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Kate! I might not be a super experienced cook, but I like sharing the little that I know. Happy cooking to you! :)

      Delete