Monday, August 26, 2013

Abiding in the Word.

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great if your faithfulness."

Lamentations 3:22-23

Firecracker was baptized yesterday! It was a special day for our family. My dear friend, Nicole, is visiting us for the week, and I'm so thankful we had someone dear to us from GA that could be there. Seeing as how she's practically family, I couldn't have asked for more. :)

I am so thankful for what infant baptism represents for us as believers. I know it's a hot subject among Christians, but it is something for our family we believe and treasure. My mom put it very well... "Firecracker can now look back on her baptism when she was given 'the sign' of the family of God, and realize to whom she belongs." God is faithful to keep His covenant promises to those who believe, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Here is a picture of us before church yesterday. Firecracker is wearing the same gown that both Lima Bean and I wore when we were baptized. My Gran smocked it when I was a baby.

I hope you all have a great week. Up next: holiday weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment