Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lima Bean.

Today was my most recent doctor's appt. All went well! I'm always a little relieved and very thankful for good reports. Something really neat about today's appointment was during the ultrasound, Mom and I saw Lima Bean open and close her little mouth. The photo below is not great since it's a photo of a photo, but if you look closely, you can see her little face and BIG nose at the top right.



So here's what's going on right now...


How far along? 30 weeks... is it possible that we could be less than two months away from meeting our little Lima?!

Total weight gain/loss? Gained 20 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yep! I've moved up a size in t-shirts for the most part, because otherwise my baby bump tries to peek out of the bottom. :)

Stretch marks? Not yet!

Sleep? Officially a side sleeper. Occasionally I find myself partially on my back, but I just roll back to my side. The pillow I bought that was made for side sleepers got flat pretty quickly (what can you expect for $10?) so I've pulled out my baby pillow and use it on top of my regular pillow. It adds just enough height to be comfortable so I'm golden.

Best moment last month? Andrew came home from Phoenix! It's been so fun to let him feel Lima Bean move.

Movement? All the time. I love to see my stomach move around. My dad refers to me as Sigourney Weaver... we're just waiting for the alien to appear.

Food cravings? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I haven't had many cravings lately. The only thing that comes to mind is brunswick stew from Hudson's or Wallace.

Gender? Chica!

Lima Bean's size: Lima should weigh approximately 3 lbs. and be about 14 inches long head to toe.

Labor signs? None.

Belly button in/out?
 Out and proud.

What I miss: Walking without a slight waddle and sleeping on my stomach. 

What I am looking forward to:
 I have a shower next weekend. I'm really excited about that!

Most recent baby purchase: Goodwill finds today with Mama - some clothes and books. Also, I purchased this really cute rattle for Lima Bean. Her very first toy from her parents.

Milestones:
 I found a doctor in Colorado Springs! Praise God. That's one more thing off our "To-Do" list before we move. I have my first appointment scheduled for Monday, September 12. Also, I had my first baby shower! (Thanks Sarah!!) You will find details of that in the next blog post.

I'm not sure if I've told you all this or not, but Andrew and I have Lima's name picked out. I'm pretty sure most of you have already heard it, but I thought I'd still have a big name reveal later this week, so stay tuned!

Lastly, I've been attempting a few different projects here and there (not sure if I've already mentioned this or not). Be on the lookout within the next week of current projects and upcoming ones. This will give you an idea of what a non-employed preggo does with her time while living with her parents.

Anywho... here we are at 30 weeks.


Toodles for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment