Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful #2.

Today I am thankful for family.

I am thankful for all my family - my husband, daughter, parents, in-laws, and siblings. God has blessed us with a very close family on both sides and I couldn't be more grateful.

I am especially grateful for Andrew. It has been such a delightful, wild ride with him by my side. Over the last four years, I have grown more in love with him and I admire him more and more as a husband, a father (over the last year), a leader of our home, and a businessman. It has been so neat to see him as an operator - his abilities to lead a team and run a store successfully. I'm very proud of him! So, that's why I'm thankful for him.


We just "celebrated"our four year anniversary by spending three hours on a plane with a toddler in our lap as we flew to GA. I wouldn't call that an ideal celebration, but, nevertheless, we've made it four years and I couldn't be happier!

As I reminisce about our wedding, I think of a hymn we sang. I thought it was appropriate to share, since it is about giving praise to our God.

"1. Give praise to God who reigns above for perfect knowledge, wisdom, love;
His judgments are divine, devout, his paths beyond all tracing out.

Refrain: Come, lift your voice to heaven's high throne,
And glory give to God alone.

2. No one can counsel God all-wise or truths unveil to His sharp eyes;
He marks our paths behind, before; He is our steadfast Counsellor.

3. Nothing exists that God might need for all things good from Him proceed.
We praise Him as our Lord and yet, we never place God in our debt.

4. Creation, life, salvation, too, and all things else both good and true,
Come from and through our God always, and fill our heart with grateful praise."

Of course I can't help but give a little shout out to Lima Bean too - the joy of my life! I never knew you could love someone so much until she came into our lives. She's a feisty pickle full of personality, and I wouldn't change a thing. :)

I will "lift my voice to heaven's high throne" for all good things... today, especially my family.







No comments:

Post a Comment