Sunday, December 30, 2012

Abiding in the Word.

"For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory."

2 Corinthians 1:20

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas celebrating the birth of Christ with family and friends. We enjoyed our holiday, spending time with both of our families.

I haven't uploaded any photos off of my camera from Christmas, but here's what my phone has captured over the last few weeks.

Lima Bean's form of entertainment while packing... after 90% of our furniture had been packed up.

The last of the packing before we left. Another phase of our life has come and gone. 

Very blurry, but I thought this was still funny. Somebody loves to be in her birthday suit!

Andrew let his beard grow out over the 10 day span he was in GA. He shaved his beard before he left... well most of it. Can any one say creeper?? 

All bundled up in the cold.

Lima Bean is going through another foot phase.

Homemade bread and milk. Yum yum. Holidays are all about breaking rules... so much for gluten-free and dairy-free!

Lima Bean enjoying reading with the sun shining through the front door.

This is a horrible picture, but I hope you can get the gist of the photo. This house probably has 50+ of those blow up Christmas decorations in their front yard. Call me crazy, but I'm not sure if that's the point of the holiday. :)

Poor Lima Bean... she had her first fever this weekend. Over 102 degrees for the better part of each day. Luckily she's feeling better now. 

I had lunch with this guy on Saturday. Rob is one of our dearest friends from college. I met Rob and our friend Allie for lunch at Doc Cheys. The food and fellowship was just what I needed on a cold, rainy GA day.

As I think about the new year that's upon us, I'm thankful for new beginnings. Year 2012 was in no way a bad year for us, in fact it was a very enjoyable one for our family, but even still, the changes that come with a new year can be exciting. Of course there are hardships too. Thank goodness we can't foresee the future! Anywho, I was thinking of what the future holds for the Jones family... a new baby, possibly the purchase of our first home, a new Chick-fil-A store for Andrew... some very exciting times. In these moments, I'm moved to thankfulness. What a gracious and loving God we serve! Even though we don't deserve it, He brings glory to Himself by blessing us with a multitude of gifts.

For the closing hymn in church today, we sang "O Sacred Head, Now Wounded." As I thought about the words of the hymn, I was touched. So often we get caught up in the little (or big) things in our lives that we lose sight of what really matters. I wanted to share two verses of the hymn with you...

"What thou, my Lord has suffered was all for sinner's gain;
mine, mine was the transgression, but thine the deadly pain.
Lo, here I fall, my Savior! 'Tis I deserve thy place;
look on me with thy favor, vouchsafe to me thy grace.

What language shall I borrow to thank thee, dearest Friend,
for this, thy dying sorrow, thy pity without end?
O make me thine forever, and should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never outlive my love to thee."

I love this! Christ took the place that I deserve (death) so I might live in His grace. Oh Lord may I never outlive my love to thee. 

So as we think about what the year 2013 holds, through both the good and the bad, may our thoughts and our actions reflect what really matters - the saving grace of Christ. Let's not get caught up in the little stuff (although significant), but rather let's focus on the joy we find in God's love towards us.

Happy New Year my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment