Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Not of this World.

Sadly, my grandmother passed away last night. Although sad, I rejoice knowing that my "Gran" is pain free and walking, glorified, in the presence of our Savior. She was a wonderful lady and will certainly be missed.

At one point while Gran was in the hospital (and not even totally responsive), she started reciting Psalm 23 under her breath. How comforting to know that she could find rest in her Shepherd. She is a testimony to me. I pray that I will always find my rest and comfort in the Lord, my Shepherd.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul. 
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil; 
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

Psalm 23

It breaks my heart that I cannot fly South to be with my family. Nevertheless, I will be celebrating her precious life and reminiscing about all of the great memories I had with her during my childhood from afar.


For those who are interested in reading about how cool my grandmother was, please follow this link to her obituary. 

"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep (in death), that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep."

1 Thessalonians 4:12-14




1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you can't fly back home to celebrate her life with your family. I know that has to be so hard on you. What a beautiful lady. Will be praying for you during this time as your heart hurts. What an exciting picture to think of her standing in the Majesty of our Saviour and our Father where someday we will be!

    ReplyDelete