Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ode to Firecracker.

I can't believe I'm even writing this, but Firecracker is THREE months old today!

Firecracker is developing quite the personality. She is smiling/laughing/giggling/cooing a lot these days. She generally greets me with a smile when I go to get her out of her crib. She can hold her head up very well, although she's not quite able to sit in the Bumbo seat alone. I think that will come within the next week or so. Sadly, she is a sleep fighter. Even as I write this, she's screaming in her crib, refusing to go to sleep; such a firecracker! Although slightly big, she's already wearing size three diapers (we just jumped over size 2) and she is in three or three - six months size clothes. She is still on breast milk exclusively and refuses both a bottle and pacifier. Weighing in at a whopping 13.5 lbs and measuring over 23 inches, this tooter bug is growing like a weed. Her last appointment with the pulmonologist went very well, and she appears to be fully healed (praise God!). Lima Bean and Firecracker are like two peas in a pod. LB tries to snuggle with Firecracker and gives lots of kisses. We are currently working on gentle, soft hugs and kisses... and no feet on Firecracker's play mat (which inevitably leads to poor Firecracker getting a kick in the head).

I am so thankful for my girls. Life is crazy right now. I commend all mothers (parents) who seem to have everything together with 2+ kids. I'm still trying to figure it out... and most days I don't. Praise the Lord for new mercies every morning though! That's the only thing keeping me going.

Happy three months to you, Firecracker.






















2 comments:

  1. She is so pretty, Anne! And your photography is beautiful! When I do have kids, we won't have any quality photographs that don't have to be paid for! : ) Lauren P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne!
    I just want to encourage you that life with 2 kids does get easier! It takes time, but it happens. I can't wait to talk and catch-up with you!

    ReplyDelete